CBT (competence-based test) RNA 2021 Adult Nurse exam of NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) of the United Kingdom is the theoretical and practical test of competence for nurses to work with adults patients in the united kingdom.
The course prepare you for the CBT exam and is divided into two parts :
PART A NUMERACY
- Identify the syringes volumes
- Identify medicine cup volumes
- Direct units’ conversions in nursing
- Number of tablets and capsules; images vs prescription; steps inn calculation
- Dose vs body weight vs image; 3 step calculation
- Rate of infusion calculation
- Fluid balance calculation
- Question bank with correct answers
PART B CLINICAL
- Being an accountable professional (understanding professional ethics)
- Promoting health and preventing ill health (integrated care and communicable disease control).
- Assessing needs and planning care (nursing assessment and patients’ needs)
- Providing and evaluating care (the nursing care process)
- Leading and managing nursing care and working in team (the roles and functions)
- Improving safety and quality of care (safe care provision)
- Coordinating care
- Communication and relationship management skills (communication techniques)
- Nursing procedures (bed rest, positioning in nursing, bed making, patients bath, baby’s bath, vital and cardinal signs, drug administration, dressings, bandaging, care of patients with intubations, care of patients with catheters, oxygen administration, sterilization and disinfection, surgical care/ hemorrhage, incontinence patients, pressure sores, ear and eye care. Care of the unconscious patient).